Great Dream Spells Happier Living
We each take a different path to get to happiness. However, Action for Happiness has identified 10 keys to happier living that we can each use in our own unique way to make life more fulfilling.
What do you do to help others?
Doing things for others is one path to a happier, more fulfilling life. Giving activates the areas of the brain associated with pleasure, social connection and trust.
What can you do to give of your time, your energy, your ideas to move along that path to happiness?
“Do your little bit of good where you are; those little bits together overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
Do Kind Things for Others
Being kind to others actually increases our own levels of happiness, not just theirs. It:
- Strengthens connections with others
- Builds cooperation, trust and empathy
- Builds a wider support network
Kindness can be simple acts, such as:
- A smile
- A thank you
- Words of encouragement
- Picking up an item dropped
- Holding the door open
- Making someone laugh
- Letting someone in front of you in line
- Treating your significant other or someone special to breakfast in bed
- Visiting a sick friend or relative
- Offering to look after a friend’s child
- Donating items to charity
- Giving blood
- Volunteering your time
It’s the end of the year! Time to renew our goals, think about our passions and look at how we can transform our lives to be more fulfilling.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article.
While our goal is to help you protect and preserve your precious memories, we also want to provide you with helpful information. Let us know how we can help you.